Modern living can be stressful at times. With so many of us wrapped up in the daily grind as we chase our dreams, it is easy to fall prey to stress.
One way to beat stress is by watching what you eat. Certain foods are rich in vitamins that help a person relax. Sometimes, it is not only a matter of eating food, but also smelling the fragrance of food that can help you to beat stress. This is due to the fact that the part your brain that processes odor is close to that which handles emotions and memories.
When it comes to beating the stresses of the day, as with most things in life, we can turn to food to save the day.While pigging out on a “bottomless” tub of ice cream may be soothing, it isn’t exactly a healthy way to de-stress.
Here, shopsupplementcenter.com lists 5 food items that can help you relax:
- Asparagus – Though asparagus has a well-known side effect of producing weird smelling urine for those who eat it, it is one of the best stress busting foods you can eat.
- Green Tea – Tea has long been a dietary staple in Eastern cultures. Their health benefits are well-documented. Green tea in particular is a great way to reduce stress.
- Avocados – This excellent source of healthy fat is an awesome stress-proofing food. It is also rich in glutathione that blocks fats that cause oxidative damage.
- Berries – Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries are rich in stress-combating vitamin C.
- Oranges –This citrus fruit is yet another rich source of vitamin C. What makes them even better is that you can carry them with you even if you are on the go.
You can also add stress-busting supplements to these soothing foods. More than being the fuel that drives a person through the day, the food that you eat also affects your overall mood. Choose wisely; you are what you eat, after all.